Right now I am with John in Pittsburgh. He is teaching me a lot about Lost Boy's program, and every time I hear about a Lost Boy's story I cry. It is just so hard to hear what they have been through, and how much pain they suffered. Today I am lucky to share their pain with them. John showed me many pictures of his family, he would talk on and on and on about them, but it would never get tiring. I just wanted to keep listening from every detail to the last detail that he said. He would also tell me how he is going to help as many Lost Boy's as he possibly can. Dedicating your life to help others must feel great inside. It probably covers all the pain inside. Since he would always say I am going to help other, that is what I was born to do, I would decided to ask him if you help others are you still going to have enough time to help yourself. When I said that he looked at me and said, "I will do what I must to help others in need". I could tell he was still thinking about the question, but that's all he said. I felt kind of embarrassed. I thought I might have gotten him angry, but he just moved on to a different topic like nothing happened, so I went along. John asked if I wanted to meet some of his friends who were lost boy's and I said, "Of course"! After I met many, many friends of Johns it was time for my plane to leave. At the airport I said my good byes to John. We hugged about 5 to 10 times in a row. I felt kind of strange, but I also loved it. While on the plane I thought to myself what John had taught me. He taught me many things, but one that stuck out to me was when he said, " Whenever you think you lost someone close just remember they are never lost forever. When I thought of what that line taught me, and how the line must feel to John I think i cried the rest of the flight.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment