BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Qatar Song




Verse 1
I'm traveling to the Middle East
To a place thats called Qatar
It is not on many maps
Unknown to people afar
Ah oh, Ah oh

Verse 2
Hopped in a plane for quite a while
When I arrived I had big smile
I could feel the sun beating on my back
But I ignored it and went to unpack
Ah oh, Ah oh


Chorus
To say hello in Qatar you say "Seleem"
Dancing troops with a lot of jewelry dance around ya
Sand dunes that are big all around ya
Camel riding and beaches that you'll remember

Verse 3
Went to marvel at the sea turtles
In a museum in Doha
The capital of Qatar

Verse 4
Ate something called "Labneh"
It was made of yogurt and goat cheese
Drank something called "Qahawe"
Spit it out before anyone could see
Ah oh, Ah oh


Chorus

Verse 5
Went to the harbor of Al-Khor
Smelled the salt sea from a shore
Rode a camel throughout the dunes
Thought that the sight was really cool
Ah oh, Ah oh

Verse 6
Met a person who showed me the way
Translated everything I had to say
Her name was "Komal"
She was my friend and was my pal
Ah oh, Ah oh


Chorus

Verse 7
This is where my journey ends
I said goodbye to all of my friends
Who knew if we'd meet again

Verse 8
Heard the plane engine start
The engine sounded of the key of "B"
Now I was on my way home


Chorus

2 comments:

John SB said...

Lia, it's not often that blogs bring tears to my eyes, but yours does. I can hear the echo of your song in the Lotus...I can recall your sitting with me at lunch...I can feel all the heart and soul you put into your journey. Thank you so much for the awesome job you did with this and the way you breathed real life into your journey with your passion.

PS. Lynn and I just had dinner with one of our boys' first babysitters who is now a big production assistant in the world of entertainment. He is working on a musical extravaganza in . . . Qatar!!!

Jamie said...

Lia, I love the song, but could you record it and post it so everyone can hear it? I forgot the melody and I'd love to hear it again.