



Trying to get back home, the volcanic ash in the sky caused me to get stuck in Mumbai, India at about 9:00 p.m. Instead of being bored at the airport, and fretting over what I should do, I decided to go explore on a new adventure in the streets of Mumbai. A came across lots of food vendors across from a beach. It was loud, crowded, and crazy. I usually go to bed at this time, but there were even younger kids than me who were up this late, eating! It was really cool. I tried everything, except the meat place. I love trying new things, but I wouldn't say I am an adventurous eater, so it took me a while to try some of the food there, but finally I had tried everything that didn't have meat in it. I think my favorite food was the thing made out of an edible leaf, with lots of stuff in the inside like: dried fruits, shavings of coconuts, this pink stuff, syrup, etc. It had a very required taste I think to like it, but I did. Another thing that factored in to me liking the edible leaf thing was because it was good for you. Meaning it wasn't just healthy, it was actually good for your digestive system. It was very interesting. It is something I would like to try again. Something I didn't like was the Box of Red Vegetable Mix. I thought I would have loved it knowing what it is made out of, but something about it just didn't taste good to me. I don't know why.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Mumbai Food Essay
I actually started getting very tired. By the time I felt my tiredness, it was about 10:00 p.m. Still it was just as crowded with little kids eating and running around. I was amazed at how they stayed up so late. I felt like I was going to fall asleep any second. I got this thing made out of shaved ice and fruit syrup hoping it would wake me up. It worked a little. I got brain freezes several times, and that woke up....kinda. After that I stayed at a hotel I found a across from the beach, and kind of near the airport. The next plan that was suppose to head in the way I wanted to go left at 10:00 a.m. At about 11:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I headed of to where the hotel was, put my luggage down, and fell asleep. Next morning I got up, still with my yesterdays clothes on, and got on the plan. On the plan I fell asleep.....again.
Posted by Starbucks101 (Lia) at 8:21 PM
Labels: Mumbai food Essay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Deliciously written. I think you mean "acquired" taste.
Post a Comment