BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Invisible Children Entry 2


All the boys made it a lot of fun while I was unpacking. They totally took my mind of of it. After unpacking we went down for dinner. The sight of the eating room was beautiful. It had creative paintings on the walls, and there was this gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous chandelier right smack in the middle of the ceiling. When we got our food I was a little disappointed. I have to admit the food wasn't as good as my last trip to Italy, but it was food so I loved it. (I love food!!!!) Jason and I had spaghetti while Bobby and Larry had bean soup. I tried some of Bobbies bean soup and it was delicious. The taste was much better than the spaghetti.

The next morning we finally started our adventure. We decided to try interviewing kids who had escaped "The Bush". We found this one guy named Borysko. Borysko means warrior. I could see why they named him that. He was only 10 years old and was as serious and stiff as a stick. The feeling of seeing this poor boy like this gave me a feeling I could never forget.....even if I tried to forget it. He told us how he was with some friends playing out on the field, and how rebels surrounded them. They beat up one of his really good friends, and threatened him and the rest of his friends, and if they wanted to live and not get hurt they would have to follow them. Borysko's brother refused to go, and right in front of him they shot him. Borysko was only 6 back then so he went with them, along with 2 more of his friends, and one of his older sisters. Hearing this story was very sad, especially coming from the person who was actually in the situation. On the part where they shot his brother he started crying so hard. I couldn't help myself and cried with him. I even cried just as hard as he did. While crying I hugged him. The touch of him made me cry even more, because he was shaking from head to toe. After a while when I couldn't hear anymore I ran down to where we had parked the van. I hid in there while I cried. I had such mixed feelings in the van, I thought I would be the first person ever to die from just overwhelming feelings. I also was glad I was there, because then I could feel the pain that many kids in Uganda have to suffer everyday. I refuse to be sad forever though. I want to bring all the pain out in dancing, singing, and just happiness. I think that is the best thing to do with pain, and I think all the kids in Uganda feel the same way.

0 comments: