BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Invisible Children Entry 3



After saying our good-byes to Borysko we headed back to our hotel. Again all of us went into the pool. I sat at the bottom of the pool just thinking about the whole day. It was very calming being underwater, and and I felt so lucky to be here.


The next day when I got up I decided to put on this new perfume my mom had packed for me. It smelled of warm vanilla, and was very calming. I kept it in my pocket. That day I met up with a girl named Grace. When I saw her the first thing I thought was beautiful. I thought she was so pretty,and she had such amazing facial expressions. I was in for a big surprise to hear about her past. Grace had a very sassy attitude that I loved. Sadly she couldn't speak that much English, so it was very difficult to understand her. I think she felt the same way about me speaking, but we didn't let that get in our way of our friendship. When we were talking one thing that really stuck with me was when she said "You smell good". At first I must admit I thought that was a little weird. Then I remembered about putting on the perfume. I told her that the smell was called warm vanilla, but I don't think she understood what the heck I was saying. I asked her if she wanted to try some. When she saw the perfume bottle, the first thing she did was smell it. Something that touched me was when she looked up she had this big smile on her face. It was very heart warming. I sprayed some on her, and while I was spraying she had her tongue sticking out. She was trying to taste it. I told her stop thinking that the perfume might be bad for her. She stopped, but she kept sniffing herself for a long time. Finally it came to her story of her past. She told us how she was abducted, and was raped for 3 years. She also told us while carrying a young baby on her back, a rebel shot the baby right off her back. She also got shot in the foot. Again I cried for what seemed like forever. While I was being a child having fun, making friends, going to school, Grace was being shot, and being raped. It turns out she is pregnant. After hearing that story I didn't know what to think. I just sat there listening and crying. Jason, Bobby, and Larry were crying too. It was a very heartbreaking story to hear. After finishing interviewing Grace we said our good-byes. I told her to never forget me, and she told me never to forget her. I told her, "How could I ever forget you!"

7 comments:

maddy said...

really good u r a great writer KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Maisie said...

i love the music! makes me wanna dance! SO I DID!!

erin graf said...

I LOVE YOUR MUSIC.

crushcake13 said...

I love the music and I danced to it too! I loved the wave video and the silly spinning panda. I also loved your writing. It felt like I was there. I really think your great at descriptive writing.

Nike said...

I like the layout of you blog and the writing is good too. The music makes me want to dance!

Kendi =) said...

OMG this is INCREDIBLE lia!!!!!!!! It really seems like you actually went there. like literally! its amazing, im jealous its sooooo good! you describe everything in such as real, heartfelt way... i love it! love kendall

John SB said...

Invisible Children
Day 1-Mom...stuffed animal...younger sister...Golf Course Hotel for transition... meeting other people at the pool.
Day 2-time to get to it...Borysko...trembling...hiding in the van...first to die from being overwhelmed...the best thing to do with pain.
Day 3-underwater...sassy Grace...vanilla...while you were being a child...never forgetting.

I know we were only supposed to do 3 days, but how can you leave us hanging like that. What a great journal, so full of honesty. Next time...don't leave us hanging, add a few photos(I wanted to see Grace's smile), and a few links.