BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eritrea: Taste


When I walked into the restaurant people stared at me like I was weird. I wasn't sure if it was because I had something on my face, or if it was because I was all by myself. I decided to sit at a table that know one was near too, but also had an amazing view. When they gave me the menu I couldn't read anything on it. I totally forgot the problem of how I am going to order something. I decided to pick a food that I could act out. When a man came over I showed him my fork, and then I twirled it; pretending I had noodles on it. he looked at me like I was crazy, and then said, "Um, may I help you?" I totally felt my cheeks burn up. I was so embarressed. I should have guessed someone here spoke some English. After I came back to my senses, and felt my cheeks stop burning, I asked for a Spaghetti Plate with Marinara Sauce with no meat, and a piece of Garlic Bread on the side. Literally two seconds later the food comes, out steaming hot. My mind decided to let it cool a little, but my mouth said eat it. So I took a bite. BEST SPAGHETTI EVER!!

0 comments: