I think you are an amazing young little girl. I can't believe someone your age is carrying more than a gallon of water every single day. It gives me goose bumps to see you in this picture carrying a big bucket of water on your head. I can't even explain how I feel, I really can't! In social studies we got a chance to see how it would feel to carry a gallon(or more) of water for our whole period of class. When i filled up my 1 gallon of water I was so suprised at how heavy it was, and that was just 1 gallon, and then the bucket on your head is probably about 6 gallons of water. It's just amazing that a girl as young and small as you can carry it. We walked for less than a mile so not that long at all, but still my hand hurt from carrying the gallon. Now that I see you guys have to do this everyday for about more than 10 miles it makes me feel like you guys are heroes. It's very hard for me to say what i feel , but one word I would have to say I feel right now writing this is,"PROUD"!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Fetching Water Entry
I have many questions for you. One is, " How old were you when you started carrying water?" Another is, " How many miles do you walk a day?" Last but not least, " Is it hard, or do you not think about that kind of stuff, but the stuff you have and how you're helping out?"
I just wanted to say how much I idolize you. I can't imagine myself doing that, I really can't. If I had to do what you have to do though, I don't think I would think about how hard and tiring it was, but think about having fun, and the bright side of things. It makes me think, even though you guys have a much harder life, are you happier then we are. To me it feels like you live life to its fullest, and we, well we live it, but use many different shortcuts in life. Once again i think you are an unbelievable little girl, including everyone like you in Africa, and hope someday I can visit Africa, and help whoever needs help!
Posted by Starbucks101 (Lia) at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I like the way you are really talking to the girl. that is really cool. :)
LIA- I REALLY LIKE YOUR JOURNAL IT IS REALLY GOOD!!!!! IT REALLY SOUNDS LIKE A LETTER :) PLUS I LOVE THE MUSIC AND THE BACK-ROUND HAHAHA!!!!
<3 CAM
great, heartfelt, inspirational writing. good job lia! makes it seem like you are really writing to her and really have something profound to say. -love kendall!!!!
" Is it hard, or do you not think about that kind of stuff, but the stuff you have and how you're helping out?" Beautifully and sincerely done, Lia. I can see your face as you imagine . . . . Thanks. O
Post a Comment